Access Control using Biometric devices
Using biometrics for your access control requirements is by far the most accurate and cost effective solution available. Fingerprint and Facial Recognition devices are currently the most popular biometric devices for access control.
Benefits of Biometric Access Control Devices
- Employees can’t lose or leave their finger (or face) at home
- Can’t share a code or card to allow someone else access
- No extra costs once the system is in place
Biometric systems vs. RFID Tags/Card systems
- Cards & tags are costly to purchase
- Often lost or broken and vulnerable to theft
- Buddy access – shared with a colleague/non-employee
Our biometric devices don’t hold any biometric data that could be useable elsewhere. A random matrix of data is stored of a user’s fingerprint or face (rather than a full identifiable scan). This data isn’t readable by any other type of device. A template or mapping is stored but you can’t get a fingerprint or face back out of the device – it’s a one way process.
Access Control Software
The information or management you require from your access records will determine what software package we recommend to you. We have plenty of different software packages to suit all businesses.
Some of the more popular reporting capabilities include: grouping doors/areas, restricting access at certain times, logging access, ease adding new employees and sharing templates between devices.
Biometric Access Control for all Business Types & Sizes
Here at Idency we know what type of biometric access control system will best suit your business. We consider the following when looking at what’s right for you:
- Number of doors
- Internal/external use
- Nature of work employees do (e.g. office, factory, manufacturing, healthcare, leisure, construction etc)
- Type of environment device will be in (e.g. dry, dusty, dirty, wet, hot, cold)
If you’d like to discuss your requirements, please contact us.
Otherwise please feel free to browse our product categories below.