Futronic FS88 FIPS201/PIV Fingerprint Scanner
£114.99 inc.VAT | £95.83 ex.VAT
FIPS201/PIV Compliant, the FS88 is an enhanced version of FS80 USB2.0 Fingerprint Reader from Futronic.
Futronic FS88 Fingerprint Reader is an enhanced version of FS80 USB2.0 Fingerprint Scanner. It is certified by FBI to be compliant with PIV-071006 Image Quality Specification for Single Finger Reader and meets the US Federal Information Processing Standard 201(FIPS 201) for Personal Identification Verification (PIV) of Federal Employees and Contractors. It is also listed in the US General Services Administration (GSA) FIPS 201 Evaluation Program Approved Product List.
FS88 uses advanced CMOS sensor technology and precise optical system to meet the rigorous requirement on fingerprint image quality of PIV-071006. Its fingerprint scanning window is crown glass with a thickness of 14mm that resists scratches and other stress to ensure long term heavy duty usage. It is a robust but cost effective single finger capture device and ideal for border control, identity card, driver license, election and any type of civilian AFIS application.
The special electronic circuit is built into FS88 to do Live Finger Detection (LFD). With appropriate software in PC, the user can select this LFD feature so that only live finger’s fingerprint will be scanned into PC. Fake fingers made from silicone rubber, play-doh, etc, will be rejected. And the LFD feature is included in all Futronic standard software.
A unique serial number is factory-programmed into the USB Device Descriptor of each FS88. So every FS88 is traceable and this is very important for government identity management projects. Take a look at the Software Tab above and see what options are available for this unit and find a feature set that meets your requirement.
For volume incentive discounts please contact us.
GET IN TOUCH
- Finger scanning window size is 16.26 x 24.38mm
- Image resolution is 320×480 pixel, 500 DPI, 8 bit grey level.
- Raw fingerprint image file size is 150K byte
- Live Finger Detection (LFD) feature
- USB 2.0 compatible, plug and play device
- Unique serial number programmed to USB
- Device Descriptor
- 16K Byte memory for application-specific data storage
- 2M standard USB cable
- Windows XP/2003, 32 bit and 64 bit
- Windows Vista/2008/2012, 32 bit and 64 bit
- Windows 7/8, 32 bit and 64 bit
- Linux with kernel 2.4 or higher (for both x86/ARM9)
- Windows CE 5.0 and 6.0 (for both x86 and ARM9)
- MAC OS (version 10.5, 10.6 and 10.7, Intel CPU)
- Android 3.1 and higher with USB Host port
User Guides & Manuals