Malwarebytes Cloud Platform Updates: End of December
Malwarebytes Cloud Platform Updates: December 2019
Malwarebytes performs regular maintenance updates to the Malwarebytes cloud platform.
You can see Malwarebytes Cloud Platform Updates directly from your console:
Click your 'username' > Go to 'Release History'
For your Malwarebytes Cloud Platform Updates, you can access your Malwarebytes cloud console here: https://cloud.malwarebytes.com/auth/login
Take a look at the Malwarebytes Cloud Platform Updates for December 2019 below, covering new features, improvements & bug fixes.
- Two-Factor Authentication (2FA): extra layer of security for users supported with Google Authenticator, Authy & 1Password
- Last User information for quick viewing of last logged-in user for Windows endpoints, available via the Endpoint Properties page
- When configuring scan schedules, selecting a parent group will automatically expand and include sub-groups
- We've updated some colours, replaced fonts, and made minor UI element changes as part of branding updates
- Improved data validation within Reboot Options policy settings
- Added current status of Suspicious Activity to Suspicious Activity Details page (EPR only)
- Added the ability to include comments when closing Suspicious Activity incidents (EPR only)
- Suspicious Activity tab has been added when viewing Endpoint Properties for servers (EPR only)
- Suspicious Activity menu option can now be removed from view for non-EPR customers
- Improved the user experience when configuring user profile settings
- Added accessibility improvements to all drop-down menu selections
- Fixed a tooltip display issue on the Reports page
- Fixed various display issues when scrolling on the Policies page
- Fixed an issue where the user menu may not render correctly for users with long names
- Fixed a Single Sign-On issue where email addresses contained mixed-case letters may not work with Azure SSO
- Fixed the frequency that the What's New dialog is displayed