VIPRE Business Console Install (Closed Environment)
How do I Install the VIPRE Business Console?
Please Note: The Console itself does NOT provide any protection against malicious software. This means that a VIPRE Agent will need to be installed on the system hosting this Console if it’s to be protected.
In the event a VIPRE Business Console is installed on a network without internet access, a Bypass Key can be created by support. This key is able to register the offline Console and ensure all functions requiring an active license remain in effect.
If a Bypass Key has not yet been created, please Contact Support with the following information ready:
- Valid Registration Key
- Associated Company’s Name
- Requester’s First & Last Name
- Desired Host Computer’s Operating System (Including 32/64 bit)
INSTALLATION OF THE VIPRE BUSINESS CONSOLE
- Download the appropriate Installation File for your version of VIPRE Business:
- Transfer the file to the desired Host System
APPLYING THE BYPASS KEY TO THE VIPRE BUSINESS CONSOLE
- Navigate to the Console’s Installation Directory:
- Locate “BypassKeyInsertionTool.exe” and run it as administrator
- Enter the provided Bypass Key and select OK
- Open the Console and confirm the Dashboard’s License Key Area shows the correct information
MANUALLY DOWNLOADING AND APPLYING AGENT SOFTWARE
- Stop the VIPRE Business Site Service
- Download the Latest Agent Software:
(Standard Users should omit Premium and Endpoint Security installers)
(Premium Users should omit Endpoint Security installers)
- Copy these files to SoftwareUpdate in the Console’s Volatile Data folder:
- Rename the files as outlined below:
- Version 9.3 Standard Agent: SBVEA_401_EN.msi
- Version 9.3 Premium Agent: SBVEA_402_EN.msi
- Version 9.3 Endpoint Security Agent: SBVEA_443_EN.msi
- Hyper-V Agent: VIPRE Business Hyper-V Agent_435_EN.msi
- Mac Agent: VIPRE Business Mac Agent_500_3.3.21.zip
- Start the VIPRE Business Site Service
- Open the Console and select “Site Properties“
- Navigate to Updates and confirm the Agents are listed (Hyper-V & Mac Agents will not be visible)
For more information and general guidance on our products & services, please contact us.
Require further support?
Search all Knowledgebase articles
Send a Support Request to The Idency Support Team