Malwarebytes Cloud Platform scheduled update
Malwarebytes is scheduled to update its cloud platform on September 13, 2018 at 3pm BST. They anticipate less than 3 hours of downtime to complete this update.
The update fixes a few usability issues, and adds some improvements:
- For Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection and Response only: Added granular Endpoint Isolation options, enabling administrators to specify one or more isolation methods to be applied to the selected endpoint.
- Added Malwarebytes AdwCleaner for use and download from the “Add Endpoints” page within the cloud console.
- Added capability to use shift key + mouse click to select ranges of items for tables that allow batch actions
- Updated Malwarebytes tray icon so that end users who are permitted by policy to initiate scans can bring their minimised scan progress window back into focus by simply double-clicking on the Malwarebytes tray icon
- Changed the Malwarebytes Self-Protection Module so it’s enabled by default for all new customer accounts. This setting controls whether Malwarebytes creates a safe zone to prevent malicious manipulation of the program and its components. Enabling this setting introduces a one-time delay as the Self-Protection Module is enabled. While not a negative, the delay may be considered undesirable by some end users. We strongly recommend existing customers enable this setting in their security policies.
- Added a loading spinner animation while paginating through large sets of data
- Removed Anti-Exploit shield from Chrome due to Google’s new policy against code injection into Chrome.
- Extended the timeout toggle for “Remote Assistance” to 4 hours
- Updated Syslog Communication feature so that the designated endpoint cannot be uninstalled using the Deployment & Discovery tool unless it’s first unselected within the Syslog Communication setting.
We Can Support You
For more information and to discuss your requirements, please contact us.