Installing the Windows VIPRE Business Agents
How do I install the Windows VIPRE Business Agents?
CONFIRM COMMUNICATION TO THE VIPRE CONSOLE FROM THE TARGET SYSTEM
- Check the Communication section of the Policy to ensure the Policy/Update servers are correct.
- Open an Administrative Command Prompt on the Target System
- Enter “telnet ConsoleAddress 18082” using the address of the system hosting the Console.
- A blank page indicates a successful connection, an error indicates connectivity trouble
- If running Windows Vista or later, Telnet may need enabling: How to Enable Telnet in Windows 7
HOW TO DEPLOY A VIPRE BUSINESS AGENT
for the minimum requirements for a Push Installation
- Open the VIPRE Business Console and highlight “Windows Policies” on the left
- Navigate to the “Unprotected Computers” tab and locate the target system
- Select Install Now and select the intended Policy
- A “Needs Credentials” status indicates the Console needs a Domain Admin’s credentials.
- If the system is not listed, it can be manually entered at the bottom left
- Once the installer completes, the Agent should move to the policy’s “Protected Computers” tab
Note: Click Here if the Agent’s installation fails
HOW TO INSTALL A VIRPE BUSINESS AGENT
- Open the VIPRE Business Console
- Select “Agent Installation” and choose an appropriate installation package
- MSI: Standard Install Package (Recommended)
- EXE: Microinstaller Option
- MST: Advanced Deployment Option (More Info)
- Run the resulting package on the intended system
- Once the installer completes, the Agent should appear into the policy’s “Protected Computers” tab
For more information and general guidance on our products & services, please contact us.
Require further support?
Search all Knowledgebase articles
Send a Support Request to The Idency Support Team