Installing the Hyper-V VIPRE Business Agents
How do I install the Hyper-V VIPRE Business Agents?
As of version 184.108.40.206, the VIPRE Business Console has the ability to protect Hyper-V Machines without the need to install an Agent locally.
This is done installing a “Hyper-V Agent” on the machine hosting the VMs themselves. Guest machines can then be scanned through this Agent instead of requiring the Full Installation on each VM.
There is an Additional Charge for Hyper-V Agents as they are not covered under the Standard Subscription
Note: Click Here if you’re installing the Hyper-V Agent on a Windows Core Server 2008 / 2012 R2
SETTING UP THE DEFAULT HYPER-V POLICY
- Open the VIPRE Business Console and double-click “Default Hyper-V Policy“
- Confirm the Policy Server is set to the address of the VIPRE Business Console
- Expand “Exceptions” and select “Exclusions“
- Add the following exclusions depending on environment:
INSTALLING THE HYPER-V HOST AGENT
- Open the VIPRE Business Console
- Select “Agent Installation” at the upper left
- Select “Create Hyper-V MSI Installer Package“
- Select “Create Installer” and save the resulting MSI file
- Run this MSI File on the Hyper-V Host System
All VMs hosted on this system should move to the “Default Hyper-V Policy” once this installation completes.
PROTECTING THE GUEST MACHINES ON THE HYPER-V HOST
- Navigate to the “Default Hyper-V Policy“
- Select Protect Now in the VM’s “Status” column
- Double-click “Default Hyper-V Policy” and enable Active Protection (Optional)
Note: There is no Tray Icon for Guest Agents
For more information and general guidance on our products & services, please contact us.
Require further support?
Search all Knowledgebase articles
Send a Support Request to The Idency Support Team