Installing the Hyper-V VIPRE Business Agents
How do I install the Hyper-V VIPRE Business Agents?
As of version 188.8.131.52, the VIPRE Business Console has the ability to protect Hyper-V Machines without the need to install an Agent locally.
This is done installing a “Hyper-V Agent” on the machine hosting the VMs themselves. Guest machines can then be scanned through this Agent instead of requiring the Full Installation on each VM.
Note: The Hyper-V Hosting the Virtual Machines requires a Full VIPRE Agent for its own protection
There is an Additional Charge for Hyper-V Agents as they are not covered under the Standard Subscription
Note: Click Here if you’re installing the Hyper-V Agent on a Windows Core Server 2008 / 2012 R2
SETTING UP THE DEFAULT HYPER-V POLICY
- Open the VIPRE Business Console and double-click “Default Hyper-V Policy“
- Confirm the Policy Server is set to the address of the VIPRE Business Console
- Expand “Exceptions” and select “Exclusions“
- Add the following exclusions depending on environment:
Note: Once this policy is set up, it can be used as a Template to create future policies.
INSTALLING THE HYPER-V HOST AGENT
- Open the VIPRE Business Console
- Select “Agent Installation” at the upper left
- Select “Create Hyper-V MSI Installer Package“
- Select “Create Installer” and save the resulting MSI file
- Run this MSI File on the Hyper-V Host System
All VMs hosted on this system should move to the “Default Hyper-V Policy” once this installation completes.
PROTECTING THE GUEST MACHINES ON THE HYPER-V HOST
- Navigate to the “Default Hyper-V Policy“
- Select Protect Now in the VM’s “Status” column
- Double-click “Default Hyper-V Policy” and enable Active Protection (Optional)
Note: Enabling Active Protection will require a reboot of the Virtual Machines
Note: There is no Tray Icon for Guest Agents
For more information and general guidance on our products & services, please contact us.
Require further support?
Search all Knowledgebase articles
Send a Support Request to The Idency Support Team