Installing the Android VIPRE Business Agents
How do I install the Android VIPRE Business Agents?
As of version 6.0, the VIPRE Business Console has the ability to protect and manage Android devices.
The installation, while quite different from a standard PC installation, are still fairly simple:
GENERATING THE ACCESS CODE FROM THE VIPRE BUSINESS CONSOLE
- Open the VIPRE Business Console.
- Highlight the intended Android Policy in the Site Navigator.
- Right-Click inside the “Protected Device” tab and select “Add and Install Agent(s)“.
- Take note of the Access Code displayed.
- You may then copy the instructions to send to end users from the displayed window.
INSTALLING THE VIPRE BUSINESS MOBILE AGENT ON THE ANDROID DEVICE
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Search for and install “VIPRE Business Mobile Security“.
- Run the application and enter the owner’s name and the previously generated Access Code.
- Tap Activate if you’d like to utilize Device Administration.
- This enables advanced security actions on the device such as Data Wipe.
- Tap Finish to start the application.
Note: It can take up to 15 minutes for an Android device to appear on the console after installation
For more information and general guidance on our products & services, please contact us.
Require further support?
Search all Knowledgebase articles
Send a Support Request to The Idency Support Team