How to upgrade to VIPRE Endpoint Security
How to upgrade to VIPRE Endpoint Security and push the new Agent Software to workstations
Upgrade to VIPRE Endpoint Security: Instructions below apply to both VIPRE Business and VIPRE Business Premium
Upgrading the VIPRE Console
- Ensure the key received from sales begins with”443″
- Close the VIPRE Business Console
- Back up the VIPRE database, then download and run the VIPRE Endpoint Security Installer
- Open the Console – confirm that Endpoint Security is installed
Downloading Agent Software
- Go to: Site Properties > Updates (on the console)
- Wait until the Status for the Software Updates to report “Healthy“. Do not move to the next step until completed
- Close the Site Properties
Upgrading the Agents (Scheduled Installation)
- Select Agent Updates > Schedule Agent Upgrades
- Select VIPRE Endpoint Security from the drop down menu and choose a preferred installation time
- The Agent will upgrade shortly after the scheduled time
Upgraded Agents may require a reboot (the Console upgrade will not). Once upgraded, it is not possible to downgrade to a Premium or Standard Agent. The Endpoint Agent will need to be uninstalled, then you can install the Standard or Premium Agent.
For more information and general guidance on our products & services, please contact us.
Require further support?
Search all Knowledgebase articles
Send a Support Request to The Idency Support Team