HiveFeed: June 2018
Aerohive A3 has LAUNCHED!
A3 is Aerohive’s entry into the secure access management market. A3 is a powerful solution, that includes comprehensive functionality for onboarding, authentication and network access control, for ALL devices on the access network. That includes wired and wireless corporate clients like laptops, BYOD, where employees connect their own devices to the network, as well as guest devices and IoT.
Big updates to SD-WAN
Aerohive recently rolled out some huge updates to SD-WAN. You can now combine user-based and application-based rules into a single SD-WAN route group. What does this mean? It means you can state, for example, when a corporate user accesses Skype, forward their traffic via the MPLS network. If a guest user does the same, however, pass their traffic over the broadband connection.
Some other noteworthy additions:
- HiveManager now supports standard VPN concentrators (non-Aerohive)
- New modem configuration options if you want to utilise 3G/4G backhaul
- Greater control over branch subnet allocation
GDPR-related tools in HiveManager
Several privacy features are now available within HiveManager, some of which can assist you addressing GDPR-related obligations that result from the rights to request and be forgotten. These features include:
- Search the historical database for a specific client device
- Download the historical information regarding a specified (wireless or wired) client device
- Delete/Erase all the historical information regarding a specified (wireless or wired) client device
- Download all the information regarding a user or administrator account
- Delete/Erase all the information regarding a user or administrator account
We Can Support You
For more information and to discuss your requirements, please contact us.