How Retailers, Bars & Restaurants are using Biometrics effectively…
Fingerprint Readers for:
Customer Entry, Cloakrooms, Tills & Pumps
There’s nothing easier than using a fingerprint reader for swift identification. Fingerprints can’t be lost or faked. Monitor visitors and your staff throughout your establishment.
- No more lost ID cards
- No more fraudulent entry
- No more excuses
Security and Authentication
There is a high demand from retailers and restaurateurs for an integrated point-of-sale (POS) security solution to safeguard manager over-rides, verify transactions and prevent fraudulent time entry. Fingerprint readers offer the ideal security solution which provides a high level of protection and accountability while being cost-effective and easy to deploy.
The single sign-on capabilities of fingerprint solutions eliminate the lengthy log in process of typing usernames and passwords when arriving at work, or logging onto a till. The software will provide a single control point to centrally manage and enforce authentication and access policies throughout your network.
How it works…
Non-obtrusive or ‘Big Brother’
Contrary to popular belief, when registering an individual with the fingerprint reader, it does NOT take a scan of their fingerprint. It looks for specific points within the fingerprint and then just saves the coordinates of these points. This data is immediately encrypted and will only make sense to the fingerprint software. So you can be rest assured that your fingerprint hasn’t literally been taken and stored.
Biometric Applications in Retail
Retailers of all kinds (pubs, nightclubs, bars, restaurants, shops) are increasing their security and saving time & money by integrating Biometrics into their software programmes for identification and authentication purposes. Some of the uses of fingerprint readers include:
- EPOS – On the tills, instead of ID cards or other scanners
- Entry – Register/track customers as they arrive
- Cloakroom – Avoid lost tickets
- Pumps – Track every pint pulled, prevent after hours drinks being served
- Transaction Accountability – Eliminates unauthorised overrides
- Fraud Prevention – Prevents buddy punching and payroll fraud
- Compliance – Enables IT security strategy to be aligned with PCI DSS mandates
- Heightened security – removes password and ID card vulnerabilities
- Accountability – time & attendance and transactions are logged
- Reliable and durable – works well in high traffic environments
- Simple administration – quick one-time registration
Free Initial Retail Consultation
Idency will work with you to understand how you need biometric technologies to work for you. We will then seemlessly integrate an appropriate biometric solution into your organisation. We provide access to a full range of identification and authentication services that will benefit you and your employees.
The authentication/identification process can be integrated into your existing software and processes to ensure minimum fuss, and maximise their effectiveness. New software can also be developed/produced for areas/processes where there isn’t a current authentication/identification offering.
For more information please contact us.
Call to enquire