Hitachi Hand Gesture Technology
Turn your standard laptop or desktop camera into an advanced finger vein scanner using Hitachi’s biometric hand gesture technology without the need of additional hardware or special sensors.
Please contact us for pricing.
Wave goodbye to 50 years of passwords
Secure, easy, and fast access with Hitachi Hand Gesture Technology
With Hitachi Hand Gesture Technology users can login & guard against illegitimate access or leaked data - But why veins?
Finger Vein technology is a tried and tested biometric method where capturing patterns without the user’s co-operation is significantly harder than with fingerprints. As they function internally, the blood veins in your fingers are very hard to replicate.
Security is also enforced using AES-256 bit encryption for all user biometric information with proven, built-in, anti-spoofing technology.
The result? You can expect reductions in phishing attacks, password theft and stuffing, brute force attacks, keyloggers and shoulder surfing.
Want to see it in action? Get in touch for a free demo
How Hitachi's Hand Gesture Technology Works
Each person’s vein patterns are highly complex and unique. Utilising an ambient light spectrum to highlight the vein pattern within your fingers, Hitachi Hand Gesture Technology is able to biometrically authenticate who you are.
To authenticate a user, the user is asked to perform one simple gesture — raise the hand. A standard laptop or desktop camera (720p or better) can easily capture the image.
The software will conduct high-accuracy biometric matching of the finger vein pattern against the registered user template. Once verified, it performs Windows authentication in under five seconds, allowing the user access.
If you would like to see Hitachi Hand Gesture Technology live in action please contact us to arrange a WebEx where we will be able to demonstrate how it works and answer any further questions that you may have.
Hitachi Hand Gesture Technology is capable of being integrated into almost any existing corporate system.
For example identity management with a single sign-on can give users simple access to applications.
Easy to implement, it circumvents the need for multiple passwords without compromising security. Similarly, all your employee time and attendance, site security and software requirements can be combined into one fast, accurate security management system.
Hitachi Hand Gesture Technology is a biometric that uses standard equipment, yet provides a class-leading level of security.
Hitachi Hand Gesture Technology will work with your existing Active Directory and can be deployed centrally, with offline authentication functioning while you’re away from your network FV. Credentials storage can be done locally or remotely too, via an ‘enrol once authenticate anywhere’ capability. While credential management will support your Joiners-MoversLeavers processes.
- Authenticate with one simple gesture — raise the hand
- Login & guard against illegitimate access or leaked data
- Security enforced using AES-256 bit encryption
- Proven, built-in, anti-spoofing technology
- Utilises an ambient light spectrum to highlight the finger vein pattern
- Works with any standard laptop or desktop camera (720p or better)
- Performs Windows authentication in under five seconds
- Integrate into almost any existing corporate system
- Single sign-on to applications
- Easy to implement
- Works with your existing Active Directory
- Can be deployed centrally
- Offline authentication function
- Store credentials locally or remotely
- ‘Enrol once authenticate anywhere’ capability
- Combine employee time and attendance, site security and software requirements into one fast, accurate security management system
For more information or if you require a demo, please get in touch.
Knowledgebase ArticlesIs Hitachi's Hand Gesture Technology Finger Vein Authentication Secure?